Hey folks! In this tutorial we will explain on how to create a server similar to NoPixel!
NoPixel is using FiveM, a third-party program to modify Grand Theft Auto V. In this tutorial, we use one of our finished preset-server you can use for Plug&Play, feel free to use any other server setup.
First of all, what you need:
- a server hoster (we recommend an own vServer or Root server)
- a voice system like Tokovoip for Teamspeak
- one of our Nopixel like servers (we use the QBus Server Base for FiveM)
- a small technical knowledge of how servers work
Nopixel is a FiveM roleplay server, especially for Twitch streamers. It is one of the biggest servers for roleplaying and using content online to entertain viewers via Twitch. It is not too complicated to create a server like NoPixel and here we will show you how it works.
Download a server pack
For the tutorial, we use this server package: https://esx-scripts.com/shop/qbus-server-base-for-fivem/
But feel free to use any package you’d like.
Final Installation of the server
Installation tutorial, example for Zaphosting:
- Load all data from our server package to the “resources” folder into your “resources” folder.
- Open the .SQL file that is included with an editor / notepad.
- Go to “Search and replace” and replace all database-names with your database name. It looks like this: “zap-xxx123”.
- Upload the SQL (import) to your server!
- Change your initial server.cfg that is already there to the one to the pack. Make sure to not corrupt any data! Only take over the “start” or “ensure” lines that activate the resources.
- Start the server and try to login.
The procedure is always the same, since you’re always installing a FiveM server.
Setting up Teamspeak as voice system
If you are using mumble (mostly on our server packs), you do not need to set up Teamspeak. If you want to use TokoVoip, follow this tutorial:
- Connect to your server via FTP or Remote Desktop
- Download the TokoVoip plugin
- Simply drag and drop the resource folder to your resources.
- Make configurations to the files and test the plugin
Test your server and make yourself an admin
Login to your server and grant yourself admin permissions. For that, go to your database, to “players” or “users” and set your user group. On QBus, go to permissions and add yourself to the table with the rank “god”.
Nopixel like scripts
If you want to extend your server with Nopixel scripts, you can find them on our store – but most of them are already available in our server setups.