Tutorial: How to create a GTA 5 roleplay server on FiveM
In this tutorial we describe how to create a GTA5 roleplay server based on FiveM. We tried to keep it as simple as possible.
To create a GTA 5 role-playing game server on FiveM, you need a little technical know-how. For the basics you can use a fertile framework, we use “Essentialmode Extended” here – or ESX for short (everyone knows it as ESX). It is the most famous framework on FiveM. Many projects built their servers based on ESX as it offers a wide range of scripts. You can also check out the scripts in our shop!
- a server for hosting (vServer/root recommended)
Little notice: We do not recommend Zaphosting as main-server. It can be used for testing instances though.
- a database (MySQL or MariaDB)
- basic LUA-knowhow
- Visual C++ 2019 (download it here)
Download a FiveM server package
We have some finished plug&play solutions for your server, so you don’t need to start from zero. We recommend using a pack instead of setting up your complete server (if you want to learn, it can be helpful though) 🤗
These server templates offer a lot for you:
- Complete jobs, plug and play
- already built in maps
- admin tools to administrate your server and players
- Database is already pre-setup as .SQL downloadable
- You save A LOT OF TIME
The good thing is: You do not have to start from 0 – the basics are inside here and it saves you hours of work.
Special offers are now running. Choose a server package:
Installation of the FiveM roleplay server (How to)
- Create a new directory (for example
D:\FXServer\server), this will be your server folder
- Download the last server version of FiveM: artifacts server.
- Extract the files
- Download and extract cfx-server-data to a folder, for example to
- Create a server.cfg file inside the directory:
server-data(this is an example: example server.cfg).
- Generate a new FiveM key from the keymaster: https://keymaster.fivem.net.
- Adjust the key inside the server.cfg:
- Start the server! Wooho! 😎
If you use the pack from above, you don’t have to force all of the steps. It is important that the server has a correct key. If you want the server to be accessible from the outside, activate the ports, otherwise friends cannot join.
Once you’ve set up the server, you can get down to business: Install ESX (everything is done with the pack already). To do this, you set up a database and run the .sql. Then you start ESX and have a base for your server.
How to upgrade your server
You need new jobs/scripts/mods? You can download and maintain various jobs in the FiveM forum or buy some from our FiveM shop.
Create your GTA5 RP server today. We wish you a lot of fun with the GTA roleplay!